How to Crochet the Easy Way
There are different methods on how to crochet a particular product. Each method should be according to the type of crochet item that will be made. The patterned diagrams will provide the person the needed instructions and details to proceed in making his crochet. A crochet is hand worked and needs a lot of patience to finish a particular pattern.
The type of pattern he will use must correspond to his skill level in crocheting. He may not want to attempt doing the tough patterns because they may require great crocheting skills. There are patterns, which have basic diagrams and simple instructions for those beginners in crocheting.
Here are some simple basic steps for beginners on learning the steps of crochet:
1. A person must have the right tools and supplies in making a crochet product. There are tools that he can avail cheaply in the market like yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks, and patterned diagrams. He may also need scissors, size G crochet hook if he chooses to make pompom hats, worsted weight yarns with a variety of colors to choose from, and a yarn needle for doing the stitches.
2. He may begin with his crocheting by holding the crochet hook with his right hand allowing the forefingers to bend the hook of the loop. He may then make his next step by pulling through the knot on the center of the hook.
3. He may slide the loop of the hooked thread to create a slipknot on the hook. He must simultaneously repeat the same process in order to create the chained stitches needed to have a quality made crochet product. The thickness of the chains should just be appropriate on the type of product that is being made.
4. He may perform his next step by bringing back the thread or yarn on the top of the loop making the thread to go around the hook so that it will be double stitched. He may use his forefinger to grab the knot to tighten the chain stitches of the crochet.
5. He may skip the first double stitched chain to proceed on the knot that is not properly hooked on the knot of the loop. He needs to make sure that the chains do not loosen and the strands should be properly aligned with the other threads. It is much better to have a tighter knot on the chains of the crochet to make the product sturdier.
6. He may position the hook center to the next hole of the second double stitch chain. After getting through the hole, he may slide the thread passing into the center of the third double stitch chain that will go on the upper part of the loop. He has now created two loops on the double stitch chain. This will make the loops tighter and stronger.
7. He may return from the first chain bringing back the hook from back to the front and slowly slide the needle to make a knot on the center hole of the first chain. The hook must be carefully pushed through the middle to create a knot from the first loop.
8. Returning from the third loop, he may create another extra chain stitch to make a reversed counter clockwise loop. This is for the purpose of retaining the knot to support the double stitched chains. He may start from the first step anew to create new chains in a new row and create the similar loops alike from the previous rows.
9. He can then create a single crochet stitch on the first loop tightening the next loops of the double stitch chains on the previous rows. He must create an exact replica of the loops if possible to ensure that the following double stitch chains will have similar results with the first made loops. He should not forget to make knot ensuring that all stitches will be intact and will be on their proper places.
To cap the work, he may cut the excess thread and allot at least 6 inches on the last chain stitches for making an extension. These are the only basic steps for beginners, there are much complicated designs that a person may work on once he has mastered the basic crocheting steps.
I hope you found this information helpful. If you liked it you may be interested in further information within The Official Guide To Crochet. It´s a source I can highly recommend and which I´m using very often.
Please check back as often as you can because I will add new content to this page at least 2 times every month ;-)
Thanks in advance and best regards